Monday, May 19, 2008

Repelling!!!

Robbers Cave

What a handsome dude!

Chillin on the top

Gettin geared up!

Oh baby....

Here he goes!!

On the way down...hold your breath!

E after a long hard weekend ;D



So this weekend while the little dudes and I were off galavanting in KC, Josh and Ethan went with the Boy Scouts to Robbers Cave for a repelling trip! We talked about Josh going with me to KC, but decided we'd both be way more comfortable with one of us being with Ethan while he climbed up and down rock walls! They had a blast! Ethan told me "It was so fun mom, but that first time I went down, I was SOOO scared!" He really enjoyed himself! Josh got in on the fun too. To prepare for the trip, Ethan was put in charge of the grocery shopping and Josh thinks he has a new found appreciation for me! Thats always nice. ;D Where they were, Josh had NO cell phone reception, so that was pretty nerve racking for me. I got up Sunday morning and told Landon that since I had gotten no phone calls, that meant that theyhadnt had to drive to an ER where he had service! Good news! One time on a campout last year, I got a call about 10:30pm, Josh saying he was trying to decide if E needed stitches or not...he's sliced his finger! So, needless to say, with the stakes a little higer this time, nervous nelly Mom was biting my nails until I could get ahold of them. ;D In just a few weeks, he goes away for a week to camp, and when he gets back, he'll be 11! He comes home on his birthday. Such great experiences he is having...and it's icing on the cake that Josh gets to go along for the fun.

No comments: