Sunday, October 22, 2006

My Trip to Louisville















This weekend I made a trip to Louisville to see the not-for-much-longer Kentucky Whitsitt family. We had a fantastic time, packing, soccer, ice cream, fall festival, shopping, dinner and lots of Grey's Anatomy. It was so great to spend some time with my nephews and Jerilyn. Hardly ever do I get to see them one on one, so it was great. Most of Friday we spent packing and organizing to move, then Saturday we got up and went to see Ian play soccer. He is #10 on the Monarch team. He did a great job and had some really good plays. After that, they took me to an amazing ice cream place called Greaters. It was WONDERFUL. You know I love my ice cream. Ian and I had double chocolate chunk that had huge pieces in it...so yummy. Simons mint chocolate chip and Jer's pumpkin were pretty great too. After that, we went to a great store called Just Creations and I found way too many goodies in there. Wonderful place. We then headed to a Fall Festival at a local school where we met up with Ian and Simons friends Harriet and Ellie, (along with their parents, good friends of Landon and Jer's, Bill and Jayne.) The dudes had a ball playing in the infaltable jump things and playing with their swords. After we finished there, Jer took us to a park near where they used to live when Landon was in seminary. I got a few really good shots of the dudes there... Simon kept asking me why I wanted to take his picture so much! :) While we were there, I got some good photos of the tress turning. So beautiful. Later that night, Jer and I joined her friends Christina, Ann, Carol and Jayne for dinner at a local restaurant. It was great food and wonderful company. It was really cool for me to meet some of the friends they have made while in Kentucky. It was also really cool to see them all in their own "space".......I know they'll have a hard time leaving Kentucky, but I can see in the friends they've made there, that those are lifetime relationships. What wonderful support they had while they were there, and will continue to have once they move to Missouri. Enjoy the pics of my sweet nephews!

No comments: