Sunday, April 27, 2008

OKC Memorial Marathon




Today was the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon in memory of the victims of the bombing. The Batteries Plus team went to OKC to run the 1/2 marathon and marathon relay! It was quite an adventure of a weekend, but we had lots of fun...I think the look on everyones face when we realized that it was raining outside was pretty priceless ;D. We had to get up at 4:45 to be ready to leave by 5:30...and the run started at 6:30...freakin early! Once we got into it, it did quit raining, but it was still darn cold when you were done! I ran the marathon relay with some other dudes b/c of the injury in my foot...I did the first leg and I had high aspirations of continuing on with the other gals just to finish the half, but it was not to be. These old lady parts were having none of it, and I was so dissapointed! But all my girls did AWESOME and I am so proud of them! Fun, fun times.

No comments: