Sunday, March 16, 2008

St. Pat's Run




Saturday morning, I ran the St. Patricks Run with some of the Batteries Plus girls. It was only a 5K, but it was important for me to do...last year, the St. Pats run was the first race I ever participated in, and I thought I was going to DIE!!! I wasnt sure I would ever do something like that again ;D. But since then, I've done the Tulsa Run (9 miles) and the Route 66 Half Marathon, several other races and I am getting ready to do another half marathon with the team in OKC the end of April. So, let me just give myself a pat on the back at how far I've come in a year...I shattered my time from last year and I actually felt good when I finished! Wow! They had free beer at the end, so we all grabbed a cup, but then threw it away when we decided we wanted coffee...thats how you know you're getting old!! When you throw away FREE beer to go pay for coffee!! ;D

1 comment:

Jerilyn Whitsitt said...

You SHOULD take much pride in how far you've come this past year - what an inspiration you are!! Way to go, Al!!