Friday, November 09, 2007

Micah's Marble!!




Ahhh...the joys of Parenthood!!! Monday night, Micah swallowed a marble! ;D Not just any marble, mind you...one of those kinda fancy ones, a decorative one that's kinda...large. It hurt going down, but down it went. Josh tried to call me, his mom, Chuck and when none of us answered, finally a nurse at the ER. She told him that we needed to check his poo every time to make sure it...passed. Lovely. So, that we have been doing. I took the boys in for flu shots Tues afternoon, and saw our regular doctor, who told me if we hadn't seen the object by Thursday night, call first thing Friday to get him in for an x-ray. Well, all day yesterday we were begging him to go...no marble. So today we took him in. He was so nervous....last night he told me in the car, "Mama, I can't find that marble in my mouth...maybe it's in my weg (leg)!" So sweet. But he did great getting the x-rays done. On the third one, there it was, bright as day!!! Big, fat marble. So, the doc told us that she's going to give it another week. Since he's not having any stomach pain, blood, etc, she thinks it's gonna pass just fine, and at this point, they'd have to open him up to get it, so we really want to avoid that. At the end of the appointment, all the nurses came in to check out the x-ray!! It was so funny, they had to see the huge marble this kid had swallowed...So, right now, we're still on poo-recon...how nice. :D (Yes, Katie P., you can laugh...) I think it's all going to come out alright...I'll keep you updated!! But if that little turd comes to me with a SMILE on his face again to tell me it's time to check....

No comments: