Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oh Lord, Help Me!!!

Ethan, my sweet baby Ethan just came to me with a huge grin and told me he had a girlfriend!! His very first "official" girlfriend. He's had a crush on a gal almost all year, but turns out she's not so nice (for example, telling a little boy that if he ate hand sanitizer, she'd kiss him then not following through) among other things. I had asked him yesterday if he got any "special" valentines, and he said no. Hmmmm....and, this little lady asked him out!! Too freakin cute! Her name is Allison, and she was in our group on the zoo field trip (click the October link, and the second picture down of all the kids, Allison is in the very front, blond with the Jenks sweatshirt on). She is a sweetie. Ethan told me that by "going out" they hang out at recess together and eat lunch together, and he walks her to the bus. I told him NO KISSING and he just blushed and said no way would he kiss her, he was just going to hold her hand....aw jeez...I can't believe my baby is this old!!! Josh is just rolling his eyes at me. However, peer pressure and the cruelty of kids are already showing. He said that some other kids told him his girlfriend is ugly. We discussed that kids can be mean, and if he thought she was pretty, that was all that mattered. And that someone being "good looking" is more than just outer looks...anyway, please just pray for my sanity and for the struggles of peer pressure Ethan is already facing! What innocent sweetness he has!!! YOUNG LOVE!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Say it isn't so!! Holding hands. Oh dear--when did we start doing that? I think it was 4th grade with Tommy Stean. Or maybe 5th grade with Eric Murray. Speaking of Eric Murray--Emily Sturgeon was just in mom's shop picking out her wedding gown and she told mom that Katie and Eric are having a baby. Can you believe it?! How random that I have T-town news. Tell Ethan that I looked at the pictures from the field trip and I think his girlfriend is very pretty and she looks very nice. Love you girl--hang in there.